Last updated on June 23, 2021
Our blog posts speak a lot about the various properties of CBD and its functional applicability in day to day life. When it comes to incorporating a new supplement into our diet, we inquire and seek information to ensure that it is ‘safe’ to use. I wish to nudge you a little more to approach ‘food safety’ with the same attitude.
Concerning the World Food safety day initiative, I would like to share my thoughts about our individual responsibility towards food safety. The Coronavirus pandemic compelled us to follow hygiene routines, but we have also learned some good lessons that we need to adopt them as a life long practice.
Importance of Food Safety
New and emerging bacteria and viruses provoke us to introspect all the channels that the food that we eat pass-through to reach us. Due to this, the entire supply chain is undergoing changes at present.
Ensuring the safety of food is essential, right from the point of production until it reaches the hands of the consumer. Consuming safe food is extremely important for personal, social, and economic reasons.
Only for new customers, we offer the following coupon code for a 12% discount on your first order.
* valid for all Nordic Oil products (excl. bundles)
- WHO reports foodborne diseases affects individuals of all ages, and children under 5 years of age and people belonging to the low-income group regions of the world.
- 1 in 10 people in the world fall ill due to the consumption of contaminated food and 420,000 die every year
- 40% of the foodborne disease burden is carried by children under 5 years of age, with 125,000 deaths every year
- Diarrhoeal diseases are the most common illnesses resulting from the consumption of contaminated food, causing 550 million people to fall ill and 230,000 deaths every year.
We are currently witnessing how diseases could fatally impede normal life, trade, development, and strain the health care systems.
This acts as an impetus for all of us, as individual consumers, families, communities, organizations, producers, businesses, and governments to come together and inspire everybody to prevent risks from food at every stage of the process.
WHO & FAO
The World Health Organization and Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations have collaborated to facilitate World Food Safety Day on June 7 every year.
“Food Safety is everyone’s business” the theme of this year aptly relates to every individual across the world that motivates us to adopt safety while growing, processing, storing, cooking, and consuming food.
How safe is our CBD?
By now, you must be fully aware of CBD, and that it is not psychoactive and does not make you high.
Our CBD oil is made from organically sourced EU-grown hemp. The mature plants are harvested and processed. The terpenes, which are aromatic and therapeutic compounds, are retained from the flowers through a proprietary steam distillation process, followed by the CO₂ extraction of CBD.
This process results in purified oils, that purposefully maintain a complex set of cannabinoids and the full spectrum of terpenes present in the original plants. The CO₂ extraction ensures complete control over the entire extraction process. With unique temperature and pressure settings, and by isolating we derive at the exactly expected compounds.
The extraction processes produce a crude CBD paste which is then purified and enriched with extra terpenes and carrier-oil. The end result is a powerful concentrate with high purity and quality.
At Nordic Oil, we transform our values into high-quality safe, and standard products. The oils we sell undergo a delicate filtration process, making it possible to produce the oil in a clear, gold-colored extract that is free of byproducts such as waxes, fats, chlorophyll, or contaminants. At the same time, the extraction process allows us to preserve a high concentration of CBD and aromatic terpenes. This gives our CBD oil a well-balanced, holistic effect that preserves the therapeutic qualities of the cannabis plant.
All Nordic Oil CBD products are labeled and packaged under Industry-specific standards that specify consumption and storage instructions.
You can safely make an online purchase of any of our products, you do not require any medical prescription for the same. In case you require clarifications, you can get in touch with our customer support team who would be able to assist you with additional information.
Read more: How CBD oils are made
- Cleanliness is next to godliness, keep cooking areas clean. Wash all fruits and vegetables before cooking.
- Food that tastes good also needs to be safe.
- Refrigerate cooked food in closed containers. Be mindful of the day you started to refrigerate them. Just that you might not want to fall ill eating too old food.
- Store food appropriately in proper containers and in the right temperature.
- After using Nordic Oil CBD products, ensure to close caps tightly and store as per instructions.
- When you use CBD oils regularly in your cooking, separate them out from other Oils, and ensure that they are labeled for safety and convenience.
- Remember to dispose of empty bottles appropriately and keep out of reach of children or pets.
- Keep all food safe, protect yourself and your family. Food safety is everyone’s business. ‘Stay safe, stay well’.
- What do you do to keep your food safe?!